song of the day | subsite of the last word

« Home

Say It Isn't So (Gareth Gates) »Miracle Drug (U2) »Yellow (Coldplay) »Everything Burns (Ben Moody feat. Anastacia) »Run (Snow Patrol) »Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton) »The Reason (Hoobastank) »Heal Me, I'm Heartsick (No Vacancy) »Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (Aerosmith) »November Rain (Guns n Roses) » 


  In The End (Linkin Park)
Posted at 9:05 AM on Sunday, February 12, 2006 by Aditya

It starts with one thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but didn't even know
Wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

One thing, I don't know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try, keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme, to explain in due time
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so (far)
Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me (in the end)
You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I

Chorus

I’ve put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
And for all this
There's only one thing you should know

Chorus

The reason for putting up this song ... for those who know, I don't need to say anything. For those who don't, I gave up on the most important person in my life a few days back, and this song gives me courage to keep going, because like it says -- in the end ... it doesn't even matter.

Profile
Name: Aditya

Home: Gurgaon, Haryana, India

About Me: I'm a moody and fairly creative guy! Got lots of stuff on my mind at any given time of the day, which makes it easy for me to talk to anyone, but also gets to a lot of people because I remain pre-occupied with my thoughts while they keep on talking :P I only talk about things which are of immediate concern to me, to the other person, or which might help either of us. Anything else, is shallow talk, which I stay away from!

See my complete profile




Get My Blog In Your Mail!

powered by squeet.com

Links:
- Akki N Jain
- Million Dollar Smile
- Sita Priya's Blog
- The 4th Dimension
- Mike's Space
- FreshTags
- Ecmanaut
- My Tag List






add this button to your site/blog as a link to this page! « link to me!



Aditya Mukherjee © 2005-06 | Powered by Blogger