song of the day | subsite of the last word

« Home

Wake Up (Rage Against The Machine) »Numb (Linkin Park) »Just Feel Better (Santana feat. Steven Tyler) »Guilty (The Rasmus) »Where'd You Go (Fort Minor) »On An Island (David Gilmour) »Against All Odds (Phil Collins) »Can't Stop (Red Hot Chilli Peppers) »By The Way (Red Hot Chilli Peppers) »Dice (Finley Quaye feat. Beth Orton) » 


  Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley)
Posted at 7:33 PM on Thursday, June 15, 2006 by Aditya

i heard there was a secret chord
that david played and it pleased the lord
but you don't really care for music, do you
well it goes like this the fourth, the fifth
the minor fall and the major lift
the baffled king composing hallelujah

hallelujah...

well your faith was strong but you needed proof
you saw her bathing on the roof
her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
and from your lips she drew the hallelujah

hallelujah...

baby i've been here before
i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
i used to live alone before i knew you
i've seen your flag on the marble arch
but love is not a victory march
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

hallelujah...

well there was a time when you let me know
what's really going on below
but now you never show that to me do you
but remember when i moved in you
and the holy dove was moving too
and every breath we drew was hallelujah

well, maybe there's a god above
but all i've ever learned from love
was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
it's not a cry that you hear at night
it's not somebody who's seen the light
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

hallelujah...

The sheer love and painful passion echoed in the words of this song bid me to put it up here. I heard it first in Shrek, and then someone asked me to get this one, which is from the OC. I preferred this one because of the guitar! :)

Profile
Name: Aditya

Home: Gurgaon, Haryana, India

About Me: I'm a moody and fairly creative guy! Got lots of stuff on my mind at any given time of the day, which makes it easy for me to talk to anyone, but also gets to a lot of people because I remain pre-occupied with my thoughts while they keep on talking :P I only talk about things which are of immediate concern to me, to the other person, or which might help either of us. Anything else, is shallow talk, which I stay away from!

See my complete profile




Get My Blog In Your Mail!

powered by squeet.com

Links:
- Akki N Jain
- Million Dollar Smile
- Sita Priya's Blog
- The 4th Dimension
- Mike's Space
- FreshTags
- Ecmanaut
- My Tag List






add this button to your site/blog as a link to this page! « link to me!



Aditya Mukherjee © 2005-06 | Powered by Blogger